Senior .NET Developer/Architect with expertise in enterprise application development using C#, ASP.NET (MVC & Web Forms), WCF, Entity Framework, SQL Server, Agile, and more. Proficient in object-oriented design and application architecture. Excellent direct-hire or contract candidate for organizations seeking a technically proficient, team-oriented, creative software professional with strong interpersonal skills.
- Launguages & Tools
- Databases & Tools
- SQL Server MySQL Entity Framework ADO.NET Oracle NHibernate
- Methodologies & Practices
- Agile SOLID Domain Driven Design Object-Oriented Design Patterns Test Driven Development (TDD) Extreme Programming (XP) Continuous Integration Rapid Delivery
- Evaluated application architectures, made suggestions, and led refactoring efforts to solve problems by applying enterprise application design patterns including Domain Driven Design, Object-Relational Mapping (ORM), Repository and Unit of Work patterns, Inversion of Control (IoC), separation of concerns, and proper layering and solution structure. Used the same techniques to architect new application projects as well.
- Consulted with product stakeholders, analyzed business processes, modeled complex business domains into Classes, Responsibilities, and Collaborators (CRC), and implemented rich domain models from the designs.
- Performed Agile project management duties by gathering requirements, writing and prioritizing user stories, estimating tasks, and conducting sprint meetings including planning, reviews, retrospectives, and daily stand-ups.
- Built and led large and small teams throughout all phases of the software development lifecycle, regularly delivering production-quality code on time and on budget.
- Researched, evaluated, and selected frameworks and tools for specific project technology stacks and mentored team members on the technologies, patterns, and practices in use.
Jul 2016 to Present
- Architect and lead developer on a single sign-on and access control system for multiple applications and APIs.
- Maintenance and new feature development for a payment processing framework.
- Maintenance of other applications as required.
Jan 2016 to Jul 2016
- Maintained and developed new features for a mature credit card/ACH payment application.
- Provided technological leadership for development team. Conducted code reviews and oversaw production deployments.
- Provided Agile process leadership. Helped team members make workload commitments based on more accurate estimates to reduce valocity variance and improve planning.
Software Information Systems (SIS, LLC)
Oct 2012 to Dec 2015
- Developed in-house projects and performed software development consulting for several clients.
- Contact for Details
Software Technology Group
Jul 2006 to Oct 2012
- Performed software development consulting for the following clients:
- Developed in-house business software for multinational corporation in the natural resources industry.
- Introduced the team to design patterns and created a reference architecture for new projects.
- Developed key parts of a large, service-oriented enterprise business workflow solution with multiple UI components, including ASP.NET, Silverlight, and Java applications.
- Led a major re-architecture effort focusing on separation of concerns, design patterns (primarily Repository, Unit of Work, and Inversion of Control), and proper layering/solution structure; which resulted in better performance, improved testability, increased stability, and easier development and maintenance.
- Mentored team members on principles, patterns, and technologies used in the application.
- Performed business analysis, project management, architecture, and lead developer duties for an enterprise web application for legal workflow/process management.
- Analyzed business processes, gathered requirements, wrote specifications and user stories, planned deliverables, conducted Agile meetings, and tracked and reported progress.
- Architected the application, applying enterprise application design patterns and principles of Domain Driven Design, ORM, Repository Pattern, Unit of Work Pattern, and Inversion of Control to maximize development productivity and unit test coverage.
- Led development team from design through deployment and mentored team members on patterns, practices, and technologies used in the application.
- Evaluated existing applications and recommended changes to solve development and performance problems by applying enterprise design principles including Domain Driven Design, ORM, Repository Pattern, Inversion of Control, Service-Oriented Architecture, and Model-View-Presenter.
- Led the development team in modeling the business domain into classes, responsibilities, and collaborators (CRC), and helped them turn the design into a working domain object model.
- Mentored team members in Agile principles, practices, and design patterns.
- Designed and developed key parts of a large enterprise business process/workflow management application for Finance, Treasury, and Legal Counsel users.
- Participated in re-architecture design and development efforts to utilize Entity Framework, WCF Services, and Microsoft Unity IoC container.
- Led one of three concurrent development teams and collaborated with other team leads on project management duties.
- Wrote data conversion utilities to facilitate transition to federal government CAREWare application for HIV/AIDS treatment and care program mandated by the Ryan White CARE Act.
- Performed in-depth analysis of the undocumented CAREWare API to discover how to interact with the system programmatically.
- Architected and led development of client-server application to bridge the gap between the needs of program administrators and the inbuilt functionality of CAREWare.
- Created a continuous integration environment and automatically published the latest builds to an internal web server to better engage the client in the development and testing process.
- Led development of two high-visibility real estate marketing products.
- Leveraged technologies including NHibernate and JQuery to accelerate development, which enabled the team to complete both projects ahead of schedule and to exceed the expectation of the business managers.
- Introduced the team to Model-View-Presenter for ASP.NET Web Forms, which allowed for greater unit test coverage during development.
- Refined the build-deploy process to handle automated configuration, tests, builds, and deployment to development servers.
- Developed key pieces of a Windows Forms real estate appraisal application which replaced the company's flagship product.
- Implemented parts of a custom, declarative XML scripting language used by the application engine to define visual elements, perform calculations, and handle interactive functionality.
- Wrote data conversion utilities to convert legacy form script and data files into the new format.
- Implemented multiple health risk assessment websites built upon a proprietary framework, for Fortune 500 companies.
- Enhanced and maintained the health risk assessment framework and performed other custom development for clients as needed.
- Managed up to 40 concurrent implementation projects at various stages of planning, development, and maintenance.
Jul 2005 to Jul 2006
- Built and led a team of programmers developing multiple high-visibility relationship marketing web sites for Microsoft, McAffee, Verisign, and others.
- Led development of the Microsoft Trial Activation Assistant which was deployed on over 100 million OEM installations of Microsoft Vista worldwide.
Oct 2001 to Dec 2004
- Developed and maintained multiple websites, including external corporate and e-commerce sites and intranet and extranet sites for employees and partners.
- Gathered requirements, wrote specifications, and tracked and reported progress on multiple projects.
Nov 2000 to Sep 2001
- Developed web user interface for key parts of an enterprise learning management application and led a team of junior developers coding web pages from graphical prototypes.
- Researched and evaluated the Microsoft .NET Framework for other business projects.
Portal Communities Inc.
Sep 1999 to Oct 2000
Feb 1999 to Sep 1999
Blatter, Fielding & Hansen
Sep 1997 to Feb 1999
May 1997 to Sep 1997
- University of Phoenix
- Information Technology Management
- Utah Valley University
- Information Systems
- Brigham Young University
- General Education